Contributing to a Python implementation of PartiQL

I am interested in contributing code for a Python implementation of PartiQL. Who should I talk to about this?

Hi slim-patchy,

Currently the PartiQL team doesn’t have any official plans for a Python implementation, but we’d be more than happy to support your effort! If you do end up creating a repo, feel free to ask any questions and/or add us as collaborators.

As a starting point beyond the formal specification, we have a dev folder containing design documents and rationale. We also have a testscript subdirectory with some tests to ensure an implementation satisfies the PartiQL spec.

Do let us know if you have any further questions.

Hope this helps,
Alan

Hi @alancai Thanks for the info! I have initiated a private repo for the Python implementation of PartiQL on GitHub and have added you as a collaborator, and am wondering who else should I add. Do you have any suggestions?

Awesome! @almann (GitHub: almann) is another collaborator you could add. We may also have other PartiQL team members who’d be interested in contributing in the future.

Is there a reason the repo is private? We would encourage you to make the repo public if possible.

Thanks @alancai! I have made my repo public as of the day before yesterday after receiving your reply, and have invited @almann as a collaborator, I will start working on the project this weekend, and will let you guys know if I will run into any problems.